• Start your fishing adventure off with a One Hour boat ride from Port Alberni down the Alberni Inlet to the beautiful Barkley Sound located on the West Coast Vancouver Island.This is where the adventure really begins whether after the migratory Salmon runs or the oh so delicious and powerful Halibut.Yearly bait fish spawning draw the fish in year after year so book your dream trip now
• Are you ready for the ultimate Fishing Ucluelet experience on the wild, west coast of Vancouver Island?
One of the world's most abundant fishing grounds, for salmon and halibut, you won't be just fishing, you'll be catching your limit.
• Fringe Benefit Charters offers world class fishing for all five species of Pacific Salmon, Monster Halibut, Delicious Rockfish, and Big Lingcod. Born and raised in Homer to a fishing family, Captain Ben has been guiding the waters of Lower Cook Inlet and the Gulf of Alaska since 2007. He is a knowledgable and passionate guide who will go the extra mile to make his clients feel safe and comfortable, while pursuing the catch of a lifetime. In January of 2019 we bought a new boat for the upcoming season. A 33' Bounty Motor Yacht named the West Cape. It is much larger and faster than our old vessel. With twin 370hp diesel engines and a cruise speed of 24-32 knots. This new boat is a great way to show our appreciation for our longtime repeat clientele and our new ones.
Our peak fishing season is May through September, with thebest halibut biting in June July and August. During the winter months Kachemak Bay hosts a unique king salmon fishery and Captain Ben is happy to get folks out fish
• We provide customers with some of the best guided salmon, sturgeon, bottom fishing trips in Oregon. For our guided salmon, and sturgeon trips we focus the majority of our time on the Columbia River. Everywhere from the world famous Buoy 10 to Bonneville dam. We also fish many on the coastal and Columbia River tributaries during the peaks of their season.
VIP Outdoors professional fishing guide Pro is one of the most qualified guides on the water. He will increase your chances of landing the fish that you will be bragging about until your next VIP adventure.
We take pride in taking you on the excursion of a lifetime.
• Spend the day chasin all five species of salmon in the Salmon Capital of the world. 4, 6, and 8 hour options are available. You may also combine other species if you have 6 hours of time or more. Salmon migrate close to town and our waters are protected by various islands. This provides excellent fishing grounds, with short travel times, in conditions suitable for all skill levels.
• Based in the Big Sir (South CA) OR Jenner (North CA) area, we have multiple locations depending on the targeted fish and weather. Lingcod and rockfish are the usual suspects. We head out on a journey from shore with a kayak, pdf and fishing rod in hand. Be prepared to work hard and earn your fish! This is not just a fishing trip its an adventure. We normally see whales and other sea wildlife. You will get wet. Dress to flip and rig to roll!
Trips are - one on one
Physically fit - We normally paddle anywhere from 2-7 miles on a trip
Moderate fishing experience - NOT a first time fishing type of trip.
knowledge of the area